Wednesday, January 16

A Word about Worship

Like we were looking at earlier, good theology comes from a heart of worship. Any old sinner can put some pieces together to form a statement of some kind, and with a knack for salesmanship can even make a "go" of it. To stick my neck out just a bit here, while I do want my readers to come away from this blog thinking that they learned something, or at least got a new angle from which to think about the things of God, most of all I really want folks to get the idea just as deep down as possible that "the Lord, He is God," and to let that make a difference in the whole quality of their lives from the heart, up. Like in the Psalms, "When thou saidst, 'Seek My face' my heart said, 'Thy face O Lord, will I seek,'" and this blog is your invitation to seek the Lord, and worship Him in the beauty of His holiness, along with me. So the bottom line, as you read what I offer here, is not if you think I'm interesting, or a good or sloppy writer, or even if I line up with this or that denomination's statement: What matters is if something you read here brings your heart closer to God, and plants a notion to give Him the glory for some aspect of how great, and loving, and holy, and
compassionate, and wise, that He is. If this happens, then this blog is a success. If not, then it's back to the prayer bench. I do pray this blog is a blessing to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what's your take?